Best Dog Food Delivery of 2023
Join the countless satisfied shoppers who trust ConsumerRating.org’s expert reviews. Our side-by-side comparisons of top-rated dog food delivery plans and research-backed recommendations will help you keep your furry friend happy and healthy.
Last Updated September 2023
- Human-grade meat & vegetable meals
- Made fresh in USDA-approved kitchens
- Pause or cancel your subscription anytime
- 2-week trial pack with multiple recipes
- Four recipe options to find the best flavors for your dog
Biggest Sale Ever!
Get 60% Off Your First Box
- Pre-cooked human-grade meat & vegetable meals
- Meat sourced from human-grade farms in the US and Australia
- Personalized for weight, activity level, age & breed
- Products donated to shelters & rescue organizations
- Algorithm helps you choose from four veterinarian-developed meals
- Ships for free anywhere in the contiguous 48 states
60% Off Your First Box
- Highest standard, human-grade ingredients
- Vet approved recipes (AAFCO nutritionally certified)
- Recipes for picky eaters, sensitive stomachs, & dogs with allergies
- Offers a shelf stable, fresh recipe that is 40% cheaper than fresh frozen
- Convenient, free shipping
50% off first order
- 100% raw meals delivered to your door
- Custom meal plan tailored to your dogs needs
- 6 variety of meats including beef, lamb, duck & more
- Sourced from USDA human-grade meats
- Cold-pressure processed eliminating any harmful pathogens
30% off + Free Shipping
- Humanely-raised meats, sustainably-caught fish & organic, GMO-free vegetables
- Available in wet, dry, freeze-dried raw & fresh options
- Available for subscription with a discount, or one-time orders online
- Ships free for orders over $50
- 15-Day Money Back Guarantee
20% off your first auto-ship order with code: BXA20
- Fresh, human-grade meat & vegetable meals
- Meals designed by veterinary nutritionists to meet NRC & AAFCO standards
- Studied by universities for digestibility & nutrition
- Ships free with subscription; pause or cancel subscription anytime
- Available in shelf-stable options for travel
Save 40% Off Your First Auto-ship Order
- Human grade ingredients in a human food facility with 100+ safety standards.
- Recipes are free of fillers like corn, wheat and soy. Use only non-GMO ingredients.
- Thoughtfully sourced proteins like wild caught fish and cage free chicken.
- Minimally processed recipes for maximum digestibility & nutrient absorption.
- Over 80% of ingredients sourced from North America.
Save Up To 60% Off w/code: SUMMERSALE
- Helps with shiny coat, healthy skin and better digestion
- Custom-sized, mess-free meals
- 100% sourced and made in the USA
- Bonus dental treat in every package
- Human-Grade ingredients, no fillers or preservatives
Save 40% On Your First Order!
- Recipes formulated by Veterinarian, Dr. Karen Becker
- High protein, low carb, limited ingredient whole food recipes
- Human-grade ingredients made in USDA inspected facility
- Every single batch they cook is lab safety tested
- Offers sample boxes in addition to custom meal plans
20% Off First Full Box with code PETS20
- 100% human-grade ingredients, made in USDA kitchens
- Balanced with organic whole foods with no synthetic ingredients
- 5 single protein recipes in a chunky or ground texture
- Sourced from animals humanely raised with no hormones or antibiotics ever
- Satisfaction guarantee on your first order.
Save 20% Now!
- Hormone-free, pre-cooked human-grade meat & vegetable meals
- Customized portion instructions for your pet
- Less expensive than many other subscription meal services
- Available in “topper” plan to mix with dog’s normal food
- Pause or cancel your subscription anytime
50% Off Your First Order
- Offering both Fresh & Dry whole food Cubies
- 100% human-grade, farm-to-bowl traceable ingredients
- 50% more protein, nutrients & flavor via sous-vide cooking
- Portion of sales donated to regenerative agriculture
- 100% recyclable packaging
Get $50 Off using code TRYNOW
- Convenience of dry food—no fridge or freezer space required, no defrosting
- Higher protein content than some other subscription meal services
- Ships for free anywhere in the contiguous 48 states for subscription orders & orders over $30
- One percent of every purchase goes to shelter dogs in need
- Money Back Guarantee on any order
Get up to 20% Off
Dog Food Companies FAQs
Most veterinarians agree: The best dog food includes meat for protein, vitamin-rich vegetables and fruit, and omega fatty acids for a shiny coat. It’s also likely to have very few fillers like wheat, corn and soy. Some of our top picks include The Farmer’s Dog, Ollie and Nom Nom.
Dog food can cost anywhere from $30 to $300 per month, depending upon the size of your dog (the bigger the pup, the more food they’ll need), what life stage the dog is, and whether they have any dietary restrictions or health conditions. If you choose a dog food subscription service that sends premium hand cooked meals, you are likely to pay more than if you buy dry dog food at a pet store.
Make sure to ease your dog into her new diet by mixing some of the new food with the old food, gradually increasing the ratio of new dog food to old dog food over the course of a few days—without increasing the amount of food. This will protect your pet from any gastrointestinal issues that can come with an abrupt switch.