Best Diet & Weight Loss 2023
Join the countless satisfied shoppers who turn to ConsumerRating.org to make smart buying decisions. Our experts tested and compared top diet & weight loss plans, and combed through research, reviews and pricing to compile our list of the best diet & weight loss plans of the year.
Last Updated September 2023
- Lose up to 9 lbs your first two weeks
- Pre-portioned meals & snacks delivered to you
- Fully customizable menu for all tastes & preferences
- Free tracking app & on-demand weight loss coaching
- Affordable two-week payment plans
- 7 day money back guarantee
Save 50% + Free Shipping
- App-based weight loss program rooted in psychology
- Guides behavioral change for sustained weight loss
- Personalized healthy weight & diabetes programs
- Dedicated virtual support group
- Includes pedometer & health log
- Free trial & cancel your subscription anytime
14 Day Free Trial
- Personalized meal plans
- 10,000+ Quick-to-prepare recipes
- Comes with a list of inexpensive ingredients that can be found at the local grocery store
- App for daily tracking and many other features
- Vegetarian options
- Stay on a diet for full 28 days and get a full refund
- Skipping weeks or cancelling is super easy
- Easy-to-follow recipes with clear nutritional info
- Convenient meal kits that fit perfectly in the fridge
- High-quality ingredients sourced straight from the farm
- Innovative packaging designed to reduce waste
- Delivers anywhere in the U.S. other than Hawaii and Alaska
Get 18 Free Meals + First Box Ships Free + 3 Surprise Gifts
- Created by professional nutritionists
- Personalized weight management plans and different fasting modes
- Easy-to-use fasting tracker and tools for successful weight loss
- Healthy BMI range, improved digestive system, and overall health
- 5000+ recipes, educational articles, workout routines
Save up to 75%!
- Relieve constipation
- Reduce bloating
- Accelerate weight loss
- Nourish your gut health
- Boost your digestive system
- Feel lighter in as little as 3 days
Up to 65% Off
- Science-based nutrition plan
- 12,000 recipes for healthier meal inspiration
- 200+ no-track ZeroPoint® foods
- Coach-led Workshops, in-person and virtual
- Barcode scanner and restaurant search
Save 50% Off!
- Includes +1000 easy-to-make recipes
- 5 recipes per day which include shopping list
- Quick 60s quiz to get personalized plan
- More than 65,000 happy clients from 50+ countries
- Personalized workout plan
- Tracks & Counts everything you eat
Save up to 50%!
- Over 25 unique chef-selected meals rotating weekly
- Dietitian Approved Meals
- Choose from a variety of fully prepared meal plans
- Delivers everywhere in the United States including Alaska and Hawaii
- You can skip weeks or update your plan anytime
- Paleo, Keto, Vegetarian, and Vegan options available
$120 Off Across Your First 6 Boxes!
- Lose up to 15% body weight with doctor-prescribed GLP-1s
- Personal health coaching via video chats and messaging
- Metabolic Test to learn about your body
- Smart scale for progress tracking
- Personalized weight loss plan
- Insurance coverage support for medication
Get over 25% Off First Month
- Cash-based challenges to help incentivize users to lose weight
- Enter goal weight, put up a wager, and calculate your winnings
- Increase winnings by adjusting goal weight, wager, and time to reach goal
- Weekly weigh-ins & support from contestants help you stay on track
- Featured on CNN, New York Times, Shape, & More
Win Up To $10,000 In Cash Prizes!
- First wellness app designed specifically for adults 50+
- On average members lose ~15 lbs in their first 3 months
- Each member is given a dedicated health coach
- Evidence-backed developed by a research team of top doctors
- Personalized fitness and nutrition plans
- Cancel anytime
7-Day Free Trial
Diet Plan FAQs
Although there’s no one-size-fits all weight loss plan, ultimately, a good diet plan is one that enables you to reach your weight loss goals in a sustainable way, without depriving you of the nutrients your body needs.
A good diet plan, for instance, won’t eliminate entire food groups or macronutrients (think protein, fats and carbs), and won’t cut so many calories that you feel like you’re constantly at risk of either passing out or plunging head-first into the pantry in a “moment of weakness.” Instead, a good diet plan will include a balance of macronutrients, and encourage a variety of foods to ensure that all of your micronutrient (a fancy word for vitamins and minerals) are met. A diet rich in vegetables and fruits, lean proteins, healthy fats and complex, fiber-rich carbs can deliver all the nutrients you need without piling on the pounds. And by keeping processed foods that are high in sodium, sugar, fat and calories to a minimum, a good diet plan will be an investment in your health as much as it is a means to weight loss.
Of course, there are other considerations when choosing a diet plan. Price, convenience, meal delivery, trial periods, cancellation policies—these are all factors you should think about. It’s worth putting some thought into which of these aspects matter most to you before committing to a plan.
Once you’ve decided what’s most important to you, take a look at our list of top rated diet plans to choose a good diet plan for you. We’ve included meal delivery diet plans for those who like the convenience of having prepared meals and snacks delivered to their door, and DIY diet plans like Noom, which provide guidance for preparing your own meals. We deliberately chose a variety because ultimately, choosing a good diet plan is personal—and the best diet plan will always be the one you will stick to.
It’s possible to lose 10 pounds in one week if your starting weight is high enough and you deprive yourself enough. But the research suggests that people who lose weight gradually and steadily (about one to two pounds a week) are more successful at keeping it off. So, be wary of any weight loss plan that claims to be a “diet plan to lose weight fast,” and instead choose a meal plan for weight loss that promises steady results and teaches healthy habits to keep the weight off for good.
While exercise can certainly help speed up your weight loss, improve your muscle tone and even in some cases, give your metabolism a boost, studies suggest that physical activity alone isn’t as effective as following a weight loss diet. For optimal results (and health!) pair your diet plan with a mix of both cardio and resistance training.