|30 Day money back guarantee|
|Plans starting at 2.99/month|
|Industry leading encryption|
|24/7 technical support|
|Access to 830+ bare-metal secure servers|
About Fetch Pet Insurance
Fetch is a pet insurance company that offers comprehensive insurance coverage for both dogs and cats. Should your pet become sick or injured, you simply take him or her to your vet, file a claim, and Fetch will reimburse you.
Fetch Pet Insurance Pros:
- One simple plan with comprehensive coverage and flexible options for maximum annual payout, reimbursement percentage and deductible allows you to customize the plan to fit your budget.
- Easy online claims processing, with an option for direct deposit for fast reimbursement. Fetch even has an app, which gives you access to your pet’s plan and claim status whenever you need it.
- Risk-free trial: Cancel within the first 30 days for a full refund, as long as no claims have been filed. Cancel after 30 days for a “pro rata” refund of your premium, minus any paid claims.
Fetch Pet Insurance Cons:
- Like most pet insurance providers, Fetch doesn’t cover pre-existing conditions. So if your pet has any health problems when you sign up for their insurance, those won’t be covered under their policy.
- Fetch has a 90-day time limit to submit claims for reimbursement, so you’ll need to remember to file your claims on time.
Fetch Pet Insurance Coverage, Plans & Pricing
Fetch keeps pet insurance simple with a straightforward, transparent website that clearly outlines coverage and restrictions, which builds trust with customers.
They offer one comprehensive insurance plan for cats and dogs, and the monthly premium is determined by three factors that you get to choose from when signing up: Maximum annual payout amount, deductible and reimbursement percentage. This is a great way to customize your plan to meet your pet’s needs—and your budget.
Fetch Pet Insurance Coverage & Restrictions
This is where Fetch really shines. They provide the most comprehensive coverage in the industry, and it’s all standard in their plans. Fetch covers new injuries and illnesses that occur after the waiting period ends. From foreign object ingestion and broken teeth to ACL ruptures and kidney disease—as long as it’s not a pre-existing condition, they’re there for just about anything that happens.
Specifically, what is covered under Fetch pet insurance?
- Accidental injuries and illness
- Veterinarian sick-visit exam fees
- Comprehensive dental, injury and disease in every tooth and gum
- TeleVet services up to $1,000 a year
- Chronic and hereditary conditions
- Behavioral therapies up to $1,000 a year
- Lab and diagnostic testing
- Cancer treatments
- Prescription medication (excluding preventative flea and tick treatments)
- Surgery and rehab
- Alternative therapies such as acupuncture, chiropractic and stem cell therapy
- Referral and specialist treatment, such as oncology, cardiology, ophthalmology, dermatology and neurology
- Imaging, such as X-ray, CT scan, MRI or ultrasound
- Advertising and reward for lost pets up to $1,000 a year
- Boarding and kennel fees if owner is hospitalized for more than four days, up to $1,000 a year
- Travel and accommodation reimbursement if vacation is cut short due to sick or injured pet, up to $1,000 a year
Specifically, what is not covered under Fetch pet insurance?
- Pre-existing conditions (this is industry standard, but good to know ahead of time)
- Routine and preventative care, like checkups, vaccinations, teeth cleaning and spaying or neutering
- Claims filed more than 90 days after treatment
- Prescription food
- Anything that happens during the 15-day waiting period (after signing up and before coverage begins)
- Cosmetic and elective procedures, like declawing or ear cropping
Fetch Pet Insurance Restrictions
Another thing to keep in mind is that there are some restrictions on what’s covered. For example, TeleVet services, behavioral therapies, lost pet and travel reimbursements are only covered up to $1,000 per item per year. And elective procedures are only covered if they’re deemed medically necessary by a veterinarian.
Fetch Pet Insurance Cost
Next, let’s take a look at the pricing for Fetch pet insurance. To start, there are a few main factors that determine the price of your premium, including animal type, breed and age.
One great thing about Fetch is they allow you to select from multiple options for maximum annual payout, annual deductible amount and reimbursement percentage. These flexible options allow you to get the coverage your pet needs, at the price that works best for your budget. Here’s how it works:
- Maximum annual payout amount:
- The maximum dollar amount you can be paid back per policy year
- Choose from: $5,000, $10,000 or $15,000, although customers who want a more customizable plan are encouraged to give them a call—they will help tailor a plan to your needs
- The higher your max annual payout, the more you’ll pay per month
- Annual deductible amount:
- The fixed dollar amount you’re responsible for paying before your insurance kicks in
- Choose from: $300, $500 or $700 (although they will work with customers seeking a more customized plan)
- The lower your deductible, the more you’ll pay per month
- Reimbursement percentage
- The percentage of each covered vet bill you’ll be paid back after you meet your deductible
- Choose from: 70 percent, 80 percent or 90 percent
- The higher your reimbursement rate, the more you’ll pay per month
According to Fetch, their pet insurance plans average around $35 per month for dogs and $25 per month for cats. Fetch also offers discounts for paying annually instead of monthly, and a Healthy Pet Credit that will save you on your plan renewal if you did not file any claims the previous year.
To give you an idea of how much you might expect to pay for Fetch pet insurance, we’ve gathered some sample quotes. These are based on a three-year-old mixed-breed dog (20 to 70 pounds) in Atlanta:
- For a plan with a $5,000 maximum annual payout, $700 annual deductible and 70 percent reimbursement rate, the monthly premium would be $28.22.
- For a plan with a $10,000 maximum annual payout, $500 annual deductible and 80 percent reimbursement rate, the monthly premium would be $42.99.
- For a plan with a $15,000 maximum annual payout, $300 annual deductible and 90 percent reimbursement rate, the monthly premium would be $70.14.
As you can see, these choices can really make a difference when it comes to your monthly premium, so it’s important to consider your pet’s needs, as well as what you’re comfortable with paying on a monthly basis.
Differences for Dogs vs Cats
Fetch offers full coverage plans for both cats and dogs, so your feline friend can enjoy all the same perks of pet insurance as pups do. As a bonus, Fetch cat insurance plans are generally cheaper than plans for dogs (according to Fetch, they average $25 per month), and have lower deductible options ($250, $300 and $400—although they will work with customers seeking a more customized solution ). This is because, in general, cats typically see the vet less frequently than dogs, and are also less likely to incur an injury.
Fetch pet insurance offers a few different ways to save 10 percent on your premium:
- Pets adopted from a shelter or rescue
- AARP members
- Veterans and active military
- Licensed medical services pets
- Veterinarians and vet employees
Fetch also offers a discount for paying quarterly or annually instead of monthly. And for those looking to renew their policy, Fetch offers a Healthy Pet Credit equivalent to a 30 percent on your premium if you didn’t file any claims the previous year.
How Fetch Pet Insurance Compares to Other Companies
Now that we’ve taken a look at Fetch pet insurance in detail, let’s compare it to some of the other leading pet insurance companies. This will help you see how they stack up in terms of coverage, price and more.
Fetch vs Trupanion
Fetch and Trupanion are both trusted pet insurance providers, however there are a few key differences to consider:
- Both companies offer comprehensive plans and the ability to choose your own deductible, however only Fetch allows you to choose your maximum coverage amount and reimbursement percentage.
- Fetch’s prices are lower on average, but this is due to the fact that Trupanion has a 90 percent reimbursement rate and no annual maximum payout amount.
- Some things that Fetch covers that Trupanion does not: sick visit exam fees, TeleVet services and behavioral therapy. Additionally, holistic care is standard with Fetch, whereas Trupanion charges extra for alternative therapies.
Pumpkin vs Fetch Pet Insurance
Pumpkin is another leading pet insurance company. Like Fetch and Trupanion, Pumpkin also offers comprehensive pet insurance plans for dogs and cats. Here are some differences to consider between these two brands:
- Due to Pumpkin’s higher maximum annual payouts ($10,000, $20,000 or unlimited) and lower deductibles ($100, $250 or $500), their prices are higher than Fetch.
- Pumpkin offers an optional preventative wellness package that covers the cost of tests for heartworms, ticks and worms, two vaccines for disease prevention and one annual wellness exam fee. Fetch does not offer any preventative coverage.
- Fetch excels in flexible pricing for lower budgets and easy claims processing. Fetch has a dedicated app for their customers, as well as 24/7 online chat support, while Pumpkin has limited support hours and no app.
There are many factors to consider when choosing insurance for your furry friends. We love Fetch pet insurance because their website is easy to understand and upfront about coverage and exclusions, building trust right from the start.
They offer one straightforward, but very comprehensive plan, and we especially love Fetch’s flexible options for maximum annual payout amount, deductible and reimbursement percentage that allows you to customize the plan to fit your budget. Fetch’s discounts also help pet owners save even more on their premiums, giving you peace of mind and helping keep your pets happy and healthy.
Fetch Pet Insurance FAQ
What is Fetch pet insurance?
Fetch is a company that offers pet insurance plans to help cover the cost of your dog or cat’s medical care. They offer comprehensive coverage and flexible options that allow pet owners to choose their maximum annual payout amount, deductible and reimbursement percentage. Fetch covers common things like accidental injuries and illness, as well as some less-common benefits like alternative therapies that other companies don’t offer or charge extra for.
How does Fetch pet insurance work?
Fetch pet insurance works by reimbursing you for your eligible veterinary expenses. You pay a monthly premium, and then you can submit claims for reimbursement on covered medical expenses.
Is Fetch legit?
Yes, Fetch pet insurance is a legitimate company. They are accredited by the Better Business Bureau and have an A+ rating.
How does the Fetch app work?
The Fetch pet insurance app allows you to manage your account, submit claims, view your pet’s coverage and more. You can download the app for free from the Apple App Store or Google Play.
Is Fetch worth it?
Fetch pet insurance provides comprehensive insurance coverage for your pet at an affordable price. For pet owners who worry about the cost of unexpected vet bills or emergencies, pet insurance is a great option. Fetch offers a 30-day money back guarantee so you can try it risk-free to see if it’s the right fit for you and your pet.
The Consumer Rating Difference
Behind Our Best VPN Ratings
We make choosing the best VPN easy with expert reviews and rankings.
Here’s the methodology behind our ratings: