Fetch Pet Insurance Coverage, Plans & Pricing
Fetch keeps pet insurance simple with a straightforward, transparent website that clearly outlines coverage and restrictions, which builds trust with customers.
They offer one comprehensive insurance plan for cats and dogs, and the monthly premium is determined by three factors that you get to choose from when signing up: Maximum annual payout amount, deductible and reimbursement percentage. This is a great way to customize your plan to meet your pet’s needs—and your budget.
Fetch Pet Insurance Coverage & Restrictions
This is where Fetch really shines. They provide the most comprehensive coverage in the industry, and it’s all standard in their plans. Fetch covers new injuries and illnesses that occur after the waiting period ends. From foreign object ingestion and broken teeth to ACL ruptures and kidney disease—as long as it’s not a pre-existing condition, they’re there for just about anything that happens.
Specifically, what is covered under Fetch pet insurance?
- Accidental injuries and illness
- Veterinarian sick-visit exam fees
- Comprehensive dental, injury and disease in every tooth and gum
- TeleVet services up to $1,000 a year
- Chronic and hereditary conditions
- Behavioral therapies up to $1,000 a year
- Lab and diagnostic testing
- Cancer treatments
- Prescription medication (excluding preventative flea and tick treatments)
- Surgery and rehab
- Alternative therapies such as acupuncture, chiropractic and stem cell therapy
- Referral and specialist treatment, such as oncology, cardiology, ophthalmology, dermatology and neurology
- Imaging, such as X-ray, CT scan, MRI or ultrasound
- Advertising and reward for lost pets up to $1,000 a year
- Boarding and kennel fees if owner is hospitalized for more than four days, up to $1,000 a year
- Travel and accommodation reimbursement if vacation is cut short due to sick or injured pet, up to $1,000 a year
Specifically, what is not covered under Fetch pet insurance?
- Pre-existing conditions (this is industry standard, but good to know ahead of time)
- Routine and preventative care, like checkups, vaccinations, teeth cleaning and spaying or neutering
- Claims filed more than 90 days after treatment
- Prescription food
- Anything that happens during the 15-day waiting period (after signing up and before coverage begins)
- Cosmetic and elective procedures, like declawing or ear cropping
Fetch Pet Insurance Restrictions
Another thing to keep in mind is that there are some restrictions on what’s covered. For example, TeleVet services, behavioral therapies, lost pet and travel reimbursements are only covered up to $1,000 per item per year. And elective procedures are only covered if they’re deemed medically necessary by a veterinarian.
Fetch Pet Insurance Cost
Next, let’s take a look at the pricing for Fetch pet insurance. To start, there are a few main factors that determine the price of your premium, including animal type, breed and age.
One great thing about Fetch is they allow you to select from multiple options for maximum annual payout, annual deductible amount and reimbursement percentage. These flexible options allow you to get the coverage your pet needs, at the price that works best for your budget. Here’s how it works:
- Maximum annual payout amount:
- The maximum dollar amount you can be paid back per policy year
- Choose from: $5,000, $10,000 or $15,000, although customers who want a more customizable plan are encouraged to give them a call—they will help tailor a plan to your needs
- The higher your max annual payout, the more you’ll pay per month
- Annual deductible amount:
- The fixed dollar amount you’re responsible for paying before your insurance kicks in
- Choose from: $300, $500 or $700 (although they will work with customers seeking a more customized plan)
- The lower your deductible, the more you’ll pay per month
- Reimbursement percentage
- The percentage of each covered vet bill you’ll be paid back after you meet your deductible
- Choose from: 70 percent, 80 percent or 90 percent
- The higher your reimbursement rate, the more you’ll pay per month
According to Fetch, their pet insurance plans average around $35 per month for dogs and $25 per month for cats. Fetch also offers discounts for paying annually instead of monthly, and a Healthy Pet Credit that will save you on your plan renewal if you did not file any claims the previous year.
To give you an idea of how much you might expect to pay for Fetch pet insurance, we’ve gathered some sample quotes. These are based on a three-year-old mixed-breed dog (20 to 70 pounds) in Atlanta:
- For a plan with a $5,000 maximum annual payout, $700 annual deductible and 70 percent reimbursement rate, the monthly premium would be $28.22.
- For a plan with a $10,000 maximum annual payout, $500 annual deductible and 80 percent reimbursement rate, the monthly premium would be $42.99.
- For a plan with a $15,000 maximum annual payout, $300 annual deductible and 90 percent reimbursement rate, the monthly premium would be $70.14.
As you can see, these choices can really make a difference when it comes to your monthly premium, so it’s important to consider your pet’s needs, as well as what you’re comfortable with paying on a monthly basis.
Differences for Dogs vs Cats
Fetch offers full coverage plans for both cats and dogs, so your feline friend can enjoy all the same perks of pet insurance as pups do. As a bonus, Fetch cat insurance plans are generally cheaper than plans for dogs (according to Fetch, they average $25 per month), and have lower deductible options ($250, $300 and $400—although they will work with customers seeking a more customized solution ). This is because, in general, cats typically see the vet less frequently than dogs, and are also less likely to incur an injury.
Fetch pet insurance offers a few different ways to save 10 percent on your premium:
- Pets adopted from a shelter or rescue
- AARP members
- Veterans and active military
- Licensed medical services pets
- Veterinarians and vet employees
Fetch also offers a discount for paying quarterly or annually instead of monthly. And for those looking to renew their policy, Fetch offers a Healthy Pet Credit equivalent to a 30 percent on your premium if you didn’t file any claims the previous year.