When it comes to home warranties, there are a lot of options to choose from. So how do you know which one is the best for your needs? In this review, we’ll take a look at The Home Service Club and see how it compares to the competition. The Home Service Club offers some unique features that make them worth considering, including 24/7 claims processing (an important feature when a core system breaks down in your home) and a large network of over 10,000 service providers nationwide. So how does their coverage stack up? Let’s take a closer look.
|Some of the most comprehensive, total-home warranty plans on the market|
|All plan options include major home systems and appliances|
|Add-ons available to cover additional appliances and roof leaks|
|One of the only companies that offers coverage for pest control|
|Prices start at $56 a month, with frequent promotions offered|
|Online portal for customer self-service 24/7|
What is The Home Service Club?
The Home Service Club is an independent home warranty company whose objective is to simplify home ownership and protect their customers from unexpected, costly repairs of their home’s major systems and appliances. For a monthly fee, they will cover the cost of repair or replacement for heating, air conditioning, plumbing, electrical system, water heater, refrigerator, oven and more. They also offer add-on coverage for items like pools, spas, roof leaks and well pumps.
There are a few key features that set The Home Service Club apart from the competition, like:
- Online portal gives customers 24/7 access to claims processing and account management
- Comprehensive, whole-home plans cover things that other companies don’t, such as pest control
- Frequent promotions offer price incentives for first-time customers
- Additional savings when you opt for a single full-year payment over monthly installments
- 90-day guarantee on all repairs
- Coverage in 49 states
- Homes listed on the historical register do not qualify for coverage
- Single-system plans are not available; only whole-home coverage plans
How Does The Home Service Club Work?
The Home Service Club contracts with a large network of service providers to offer repair and replacement for your home’s big-ticket items, such as plumbing, electrical and appliances. As a member, you’ll pay a monthly fee (or a one-time annual payment), and if you experience a breakdown of a covered item in your home, all you’ll need to do is call their customer service number or log in to your customer portal online to start a claim. The Home Service Club assigns a local professional for your repair and you can schedule the service call at your convenience.
The Home Service Club Coverage, Plans & Pricing
The Home Service Club offers two full-service home warranty plans:
At the time of this review, the Standard Coverage plan costs about $56 per month ($649.95 if you choose an annual plan). It’s an inclusive and affordable plan that covers essential home systems and appliances (think air conditioning, heating, plumbing and electrical systems; and dishwashers, refrigerators, ovens, etc.)
The Comprehensive Coverage plan costs about $69 per month ($799.95 if you choose an annual plan) at the time of this review. This plan provides expanded coverage for your home’s systems and appliances. So, in addition to the items included in the standard coverage plan, this plan covers things like ductwork, sump pumps, gas leaks and smoke detectors.
For homeowners looking to protect other important systems in their home, The Home Service Club offers coverage add-ons, which cover “a la carte” services for an additional monthly fee that ranges between $5 and $20. These services include everything from well pumps to roof leaks to pool and pool equipment.
Good to know: The prices we listed above are estimates; the size and location of your home will determine the actual cost of your plan. Coverage add-ons are only available with the purchase of one of The Home Service Club’s home warranty plans. For a full list of the systems and appliances covered under each plan, or to get a quote for your specific coverage needs, you can request a quote right on The Home Service Club website—you can get a quote in just 30 seconds.
Coverage Limitations & Exclusions
There are also some limitations and exclusions to their coverage. Some exclusions include:
- Windows, doors, walls
- Pre-existing conditions
- Damage caused by pets or insects
- Issues that result from improper maintenance
Customers should carefully review coverage limits to make sure you’re getting the coverage you need for your home. Here are some of The Home Service Club’s coverage limits for your home’s main systems and appliances, however, homeowners are encouraged to review the company’s sample contract online for a more comprehensive listing of these limits:
- Heating: $2,000
- Air conditioning: $2,000
- Plumbing: $750
- Water heater: $500
- Electrical system: $500
- Dishwasher: $600
- Refrigerator: $750
- Oven/cooktop/range: $750
- Clothes washer: $800
- Clothes dryer: $800
The Fine Print
As with all home warranty companies, there are some things in The Home Service Club’s fine print that homeowners should consider before purchasing a plan. Most of these items are industry standard, and nothing is out of the ordinary when compared to other warranty service agreements:
- There is a 30-day waiting period for claims filing. This means that after you sign up, you won’t be able to start a claim for repair for 30 days.
- Customers are responsible for repair/replacement amounts over the coverage limit, plus a service call fee. For instance, if an item has a $2,000 coverage limit and the repair is estimated at $3,000, the customer must pay the difference of $1,000 for the repair, plus the trade service call fee.
- Water heater leak repairs only carry a 30-days guarantee, unlike the rest of the systems and appliances that have a 90-day guarantee on repairs.
- There is a limit on total annual payouts. The Standard Coverage plan caps out at $6,000 per year, while the Comprehensive Coverage plan caps out at $9,000 per year.
The Home Service Club Company Information
The Home Service Club is a home warranty company that has been in business since 2008. They are headquartered in New York.
The Home Service Club Customer Service
The Home Service Club customer service is available by phone or by email. Customers can also submit a claim 24/7 in their online portal.
The Home Service Club Phone Number
To reach The Home Service Club by phone, call: 1-800-601-1009.
Accreditation & Reputation
The Home Service Club has accumulated a 4.8-star rating out of 5 stars from customer reviews on Google. They also have a C rating with the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
The Home Service Club Awards
It’s worth noting that The Home Service Club has received recognition from Home Warranty Reviews’ Home Warranty Awards for multiple years, including:
- 2015: Best in service
- 2016: Best in service
- 2018: Editor’s choice
- 2019: Best in service
- 2020: Best in service
The Home Service Club Performance Ratings
Now in business for 14 years, The Home Service Club has earned a trustworthy reputation through customer reviews and performance ratings. Their service shines in the areas of:
- Ease of Use: The Home Service Club makes it easy for customers to submit a claim, either by phone, email or a self-service portal where customers can submit claims, get status updates and manage account information 24/7.
- Comprehensive Coverage & Options Available: The Home Service Club offers some of the most complete, comprehensive plans available in the home warranty industry. This is a great bonus for homeowners looking for total-home protection for everything under the roof.
- Flexibility: In addition to their comprehensive plan options, The Home Service Club’s add-on coverage gives you the ability to customize your plan to include other items that may be important to you, like pools, spas, roof leaks and additional appliances.
- Transparency: Transparency builds trust, which is important to homeowners looking for home warranty coverage. We found The Home Service Club’s transparency of coverage inclusions and limitations to be particularly helpful, as they were readily available on the website and not hidden in the fine print. Their sample contract is a great online resource as well, which gives customers the ability to review typical terms and conditions for the company’s plan offerings.
How Does The Home Service Club Compare?
The Home Service Club is one of the nation’s leading home warranty companies, with services comparable to other home warranty brands like American Home Shield. Let’s see how they stack up to the competition:
The Home Service Club vs American Home Shield (AHS)
The Home Service Club and American Home Shield are both leading independent home warranty providers that offer comprehensive protection for your home. Here’s where they differ:
- Both companies offer total-home plans, but with American Home Shield, only their higher-tier plans cover appliances.
- Both companies offer add-on coverage options, though The Home Service Club has more variety in this area.
- Unlike The Home Service Club, American Home Shield does not offer pest control.
AFC Home Club vs The Home Service Club
AFC Home Club and The Home Service Club are both great home warranty providers. They offer similar service plans at similar rates, but the two companies have a few differences to be aware of:
- The Home Service Club covers up to 32 home systems and appliances, plus additional add-ons; AFC Home Club covers up to 24 systems and appliances
- AFC Home Club offers plans for appliances only, systems only or both
- AFC Home Club lets you choose your service call fee amount, which determines your monthly premium (lower service call fees means higher premiums)
- Only The Home Service Club offers pest control
The Home Service Club vs TotalProtect
Homeowners can purchase similar home warranty coverage from The Home Service Club and TotalProtect, however there are a few key differentiators to consider between these two service providers:
- TotalProtect offers plans that cover appliances, systems or both. However their whole-home plan doesn’t include as many systems and appliances as The Home Service Club.
- The Home Service Club has an online portal for customer self-service; TotalProtect customers must call or email for service.
- TotalProtect does not offer roof leak protection, pest control or add-on coverage options.
The Home Service Club is a solid choice for home warranty service. Their plans are reasonably priced and provide a wide range of coverage for your home between major systems and common household appliances. Coverage limitations and exclusions are in line with industry standards, and the company offers a 90-day guarantee on repairs.
For homeowners looking to protect their home with a home warranty, The Home Service Club is definitely worth exploring.
Who is the CEO of The Home Service Club?
The CEO of The Home Service Club is Sam Zakarin. He has 18 years of experience in the warranty business, and after starting successful companies in the extended warranty industry, he sought to apply his knowledge to the niche market of home warranties by founding The Home Service Club.
Is The Home Service Club home warranty worth it?
Absolutely. With their long track record of service, comprehensive coverage and affordable plan options, The Home Service Club is a great way to protect one of your biggest investments: Your home. Not only will it protect your home from unexpected repair and replacement costs, it will give you peace of mind knowing that you’re covered in case anything goes wrong.
What does The Home Service Club home warranty cover?
Warranty plans from The Home Service Club cover a wide range of items in your home, from appliances to electrical and plumbing systems. They also cover heating and cooling systems, water heaters and pest control, making it a great choice for those who want comprehensive protection for their home. For homeowners who want even more protection, The Home Service Club offers separate add-on items such as roofs, pools and spas, jetted bathtubs, well pumps and more.
Does The Home Service Club home warranty cover roofs?
Yes, The Home Service Club does offer roof coverage. Homeowners can purchase roof coverage as an add-on to their Standard Coverage or Comprehensive Coverage plans for an additional fee. The Home Service Club’s roof coverage protects your home from roof leaks and includes attached garage roofs.
How much is The Home Service Club home warranty?
The cost of a home warranty from The Home Service Club will depend on the level of coverage you choose and the size and location of your home. Typically, premiums range from about $650 to $800 per year, though the company offers frequent promotions and discounts for new customers.
How does The Home Service Club home warranty work?
The Home Service Club home warranty is a service that helps protect your home—and your budget—from unexpected costs. When you sign up for one of The Home Service Club’s plans, you pay a monthly or annual fee that covers the cost of repairs or replacements for covered items in your home.
Some items that may be covered by a Home Service Club plan include air conditioning and heating systems, plumbing, electrical, water heaters, ovens, refrigerators, washers and dryers, dishwashers, pest control and more.
The Consumer Rating Difference
Behind Our Best Home Warranty Ratings
We make choosing the best meal delivery service easy with expert reviews and rankings.
Here’s the methodology behind our ratings: